Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Project: Visiting old friends


One of the good things about quitting my day job a week ago is that I have had the time to finish many half finished projects from long ago. The type where maybe I suddenly hit a mental block or just didn't have the time and couldn't finish, but wanted to. So, I've been revisiting these projects and finally giving them the ending they deserve. They are all styles of jewelry that I don't design like any more. The first is a necklace that will probably be my last of my "Dreams of Tibet" collection, which there are a few remaining pieces in the store.


The other two necklaces are made out of Bedouin components. I actually have an extensive Bedouin jewelry collection and using pieces in my design compositions predates my etsy store. So, I think I haven't done this in years, and you are seeing some new style for the first time! Unlike the Tibetan pieces, I know this won't be my last time drawing on the tribal Bedouin look for inspiration. I gravitate to that frequently and wouldn't be surprised if I start incorporating more pieces over time.


I also wanted to give you a sneak peak at a project that I am working on. I am very excited about this one! I'm hoping the pieces will knock everyone's socks off when they are finished. As you can see, I'm making more of my components from scratch. I've found that fabricating the metal pieces is a fun way to develop my own personal style.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...