Monday, May 28, 2012

Fashion inspiration and a project: Muted metallics

via All the Good Girls Go to Heaven

This photo spread from Elle Belgium, May 2012 recently caught my eye. What I most like about them is that each look is casual, but incorporates a muted metallic piece. I normally think of sequins, lace and metallics as formal wear, but love how they've been mixed in casual outfits.





These photos inspired me to include a small dose of metallics in my own wardrobe. I thrifted a slightly iridescent pearly 80s silk blazer and updated it with a metallic gold leather bird applique on the back.



So, now that I've included a small dose of gold in my wardrobe, I'm tempted to go further! I really enjoy the jacket and hope it provides you with inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...