Saturday, May 19, 2012

Project: Tribal Creature Mugs


So these are one of the reasons my posts were so short for the past week. Yes, I do pottery (or used to pottery all the time), mostly clay sculptures, but occasionally something practical like mugs. These gigantic mugs were a local commission job and I had enough time to snap a few photos to share before their new owner picked them up.

I hand built and painted each one into different mythical creatures/monsters in a bold black and white tribal style. And they each hold at least 22 oz, so that makes them more like steins than mugs. I was slightly sad to see them go and have decided to make an effort to get back into pottery do more pieces for myself. So maybe you'll see a few more clay projects in the future! Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...