Sunday, July 1, 2012

A collection of Quilts



This week I found this awesome 1930s Depression Era feedsack quilt. Aren't the novelty fabrics, especially the pattern with the girl with the pigtails, great? Every time I see a home interior blog/photo/website with a casually stacked pile of quilts on a chair, I get slightly envious. Now I can start my own! Of course, I would love to add a few vintage kantha quilts, as mentioned in THIS post, and one of these Japanese quilts below.


These quilts are Boro, Japanese indigo quilts, and are part of a collection owned by photographer Eric Kvatek, and are currently part of an exhibit at Mondo Cane in New York. Check out the exhibit HERE. I would love to see the quilt exhibit in person and now dream of owning one for myself one day. Until then, I'll just have to drool over these photos. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...