Saturday, July 28, 2012

This week's projects: More tooled leather and embroidered shorts


I finished two time consuming projects this week. The first is my second tooled leather project. Gloating about the tooled leather coasters in THIS post gained me a local commission job, a tooled leather gun holster with an image of a skull. I learned a valuable lesson from this job about pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Skulls and gun holsters are not two things I normally do, and I was hesitant at first. But in the end, I am glad I did it as I found out that I can rise to a challenge, broaden my skills and still make something beautiful.


But just don't ever expect any gun holsters in the store, and I will only do skulls on special requests. The second project is something I had gotten the inspiration for a while ago, in THIS post about The Selby. The embroidered shorts below are what initially cause the inspiration.


So, I took a very beat up pair of my own jeans and turned them into embroidered cutoffs, giving them new life and further wearing for the rest of the summer.


What projects did you complete this week? Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...