Monday, August 27, 2012

A few sewing projects and upcycling inpsiration

Today I thought I would give you an update on a few sewing projects that I have been working on recently. All of them included the great vintage fabrics I found and blogged about in THIS post a month ago. So you will be able to see just some of the ways that I recycle/upcycle all of the textiles and fabrics that I so frequently thrift!


The first is this quilt top. If you read the post mentioned above, I found this large batch of 1930s feedsack quilt squares ready to be turned into a quilt. Since then, I've pieced together the top of the quilt. Aren't all of the different fabric patterns neat? Right now it is sitting folded and unfinished in my studio, where it will probably stay until winter and dark evenings. I'm enjoying the last of the summer right now and will finish the quilt once daylight savings time switches over and I spend more time inside.


The large pile of embroidered fabrics in the post have been recycled in two different ways. I mentioned in the post how much I loved the Art Deco embroidered curtain panel and how great it would go in my kitchen. So, I did just that! I have to rework it slightly to fit the window above my sink, but with I think it goes really well with the Talavera tiles around the window.

Some of the rest of the embroidered fabric went into upcycling this 1970s white shirt below.


The inspiration for this actually came from a 1940s mexican blouse I ran across on Etsy, HERE and shown below.


The rest of the fabric will sit and wait until the next great recycling idea. I hope that I have provided a little inspiration for upcycled creations of your own! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...