Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DIY Project: Denim Bandana Shirt


Today I want to share a super easy DIY project that I ran across on Pinterest, how to make your own denim bandana top! To give credit where it is due, the pin I found linked back to the original tutorial, which you can read HERE. I followed the same tutorial, with a few changes.


What you will need is:

  • An old denim shirt (I would have preferred blue denim, like the original tutorial, but all I found at the thrift store was a gray one.)
  • A large 32 in. scarf or bandana
  • Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies

I followed the steps in the original tutorial, with one big exception. I wanted to keep usable front pockets on my shirt, so I carefully removed the original pockets with an Xacto knife, followed the tutorial and then put the pockets back on the shirt on top of the bandana.


Hope you enjoy the original tutorial and my take on it! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...