Saturday, September 1, 2012

Project: Dyed slip dress



This week, while going through my closet, I noticed that I had one to many plain white slips. But, it had to much potential to give up, so I decided to use it as an experiment with dyes. Now, I'm not new to dying fabric. I've been doing it since grade school Halloween costumes, but I wanted to try more than one type of dye combined to see what the effects were. I am very please with the results. The turquoise shade turned out perfect and the tribal designs I drew on show up enough to be curiously ghostly, but not over powering. Now I've extended the use on that old white slip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...