Saturday, October 20, 2012

The start of autumn and thrifting adventures


Even though the weather isn't cooling much, Autumn must be starting because all of the trees on my block started to turn yellow (above). I love when the leaves turn each year and I've made it a custom to drive up to the mountains to see them. So, when I saw the leaves on my block do this I organized an impromptu day trip up to the mountains with a girlfriend.



We took the all the long winding scenic roads possible and were able to see trees in all of their crimson, tangerine and ochre glory. And of course I thrifted along the way. I did happen upon a mid-week yard sale that was chock full of mexican peasant dresses, leather chaps, and cowboy boots. There was so much cool stuff that I couldn't leave with it all, but I did wipe out all of the mexican dresses, blouses, skirts, and belts. I also am very excited to have found a really cool pair of moccasin boots in my size. I've been wanting a pair for a while! Since the area that we were driving through was actually on an Apache reservation, they might actually be Native American made! Very cool! Has anyone else had any fun fall adventures?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...