Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Movie: Out of Africa

This week I watched the movie Out of Africa (IMDB, Netflix) for the first time and it instantly became one of my favorite romance movies. It's a period piece set in the late 1910s-20s and follows the story of a Karen Blixen, who moves to Africa for a better life and has a very passionate affair with free spirited hunter. I loved so much about this movie, it's hard to know where to start! The story is very well told and based off of the biography written by Blixen herself. It has strong women, some of the most beautiful landscape scenes of Africa, and gorgeous period fashion.


It really made me want to go on safari! Until the day I can do that, I've pulled together a few items inspired by the movie, below. I hope you see the movie and enjoy my picks below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...