Monday, December 24, 2012

My Christmas Wishlist



For the past two weeks, I've had every intention of doing a blog post that was about the neat things that I would like to receive this year at Christmas for you. And that old Eartha Kitt rendition of the song "Santa Baby" kept popping into my head. You know the song, where she wants every fabulous, expensive luxury item possible. But it just hasn't happened because I've had a hard time finding tangible physical goods that I want. I quickly realized that this year, I'm taking a break from being the average American consumer and what I really want can't be bought. I'm the anti-Eartha Kitt, so to speak. By the way, I still love the song and Eartha. She couldn't have been more sultry and fabulous! And, I'm still going to share what I want with you.

8 months ago I left a hectic corporate salaried job to work on my Etsy store full time and have really come to not only appreciate it, but love it! The flexibility, creative control, and ability to be present more often for family and friends is priceless. All of the freedoms and little moments I would have missed if I was still working 50+ a week hours in an office would have been a shame! So Dear Santa, this year I would like to be able to continue the awesome new life I've been building the past 8 months. I would like to continue to be a proud and successful small business owner in the coming year. And I would like to keep the the freedoms, experiences and time with loved ones that I've become accustomed to.

Merry Christmas to you and I hope that everyone reading has a happy holiday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...