Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sisters reunited


Okay, if you wear vintage, you know that many items were handmade and one of a kind. I found this amazing 1940s embroidered folk shirt (on the left in the photo) a few years ago and thought that I would never see another one like it. Then imagine my surprise, when a week ago I came across a similar one (on the right in the photo)! I ran across the new-to-me blouse at La Meow Vintage on Etsy and was pretty sure I had to have it. I immediately thought of my other blouse and their similarities and I began to imagine that they could be long lost sisters and should be reunited. The new one needs a cleaning, some repairs and new buttons, but once that happens they'll be lovingly stored together, which I think is fitting. Does anyone else make up back stories for their vintage finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...