Monday, January 28, 2013

Art and Design: Native American Paintings by Douglas Weaver

The Four Grandfathers Series by Douglas Weaver
Grandfather of the South / Grandfather of the North
Grandfather of the East / Grandfather of the West

I have a very talented friend, whose been very much like an adopted grandfather to me and today I'm going to shamelessly promote his work. I believe that if you don't show love and respect to your grandparents (even adopted ones) what type of person are you? Anyway, his name is Douglas Weaver and he is a realist painter that specializes in Native American and Western art. Above are my personal favorites by him, the Four Grandfathers, a series of four separate paintings. The Grandfathers each have different qualities and there to provide wisdom and guidance. Doug just got a website up and running, so you can view his full work and learn more about him HERE. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing series! I'm going to share this with my friend :)

    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! Doug is needs all the traffic he can get to his new website. Thanks for spreading the word!

      Delete
  2. I have the original of "The Ponies Talk To Me" that I bought in 1988, I love it and have it hanging in my classroom in Downey High School.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...