Saturday, January 26, 2013

Embroidered birds




Aren't these embroidered birds gorgeous? They are actually a part of a vintage Japanese wedding kimono that is only good for the fabric now. The lining was taken out and one sleeve is missing, but the remaining fabric is beautiful and teeming with potential. I haven't completely decided what to do with it yet because such a fabulous fabric deserves a fabulous project. But I am slowly brainstorming an idea that would make at least 2-3 garments. One for me and a few to be listed in the store, but I'll keep that a surprise for now. What would you do with it?

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I would definitely do something fabulous with those beautiful birds! Hmm, maybe something with some repurposed jeans?! I just discovered your blog after your giveaway at Sincerely, Kinsey! My sister and I do a lot of the things you do. :) We sew, repurpose all the time go thrifting and collect and sell vintage items too! Love the blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very nice to meet someone that I have something in common with!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...