Thursday, February 28, 2013

Old photo of the week: Here lies an elephant...


I was actually going to post a spring themed photo this week, until I found this photo above and found it very moving. This is an 1894 photo of a commemorative sign for a fearless elephant, Telok Anson, Perak, Malaysia. I think it's wonderful that they put a sign up in honor of the elephant. That definitely wouldn't happen today. Wild animals just suffer in silence while we continually spread into their habitats. Anyway, here's a salute to that brave elephant! This photo was found at the Retronaut.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing. I love elephants.

    And I'm your newest follower! :)
    katelyncarter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and nice to meet you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...