Friday, February 1, 2013

Vintage find of the week: Floral kimono



Less than a year ago, I had not once thrifted a kimono. I simply assumed it was because I live in the most unlikely place to find them. So I had a hope that one day I would come across one. Well, this past year, I've managed to acquire around 4 from estate sales. They were apparently really easy and beautiful souvenirs for young GIs post WWII to bring home for their girls. This silk haori, or kimono coat, was a find at a recent estate sale find. The bright purple floral exterior perfectly contrasts the red orange floral interior. It's part of a large batch of clothing I'll be photographing today, so hopefully it will be in the store soon! Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...