Saturday, March 30, 2013

DIY Inspiration: Uses for vintage bottles


I recently found a whole box of the most interesting old glass round bottom bottles. Today, I would like to share a few of the ways I've re-purposed them around my house and provide some DIY inspiration for everyone. I place a few in a basket on the window sill in my kitchen. Right now they have seasonal flowers, but later this summer I'll also be able to root herb cuttings for friends in them. Also, when I want to spruce up my dining table, the whole basket, bottles and all can serve as a bright center piece. I also hung several in a string, now hanging in a sunny window. I simply wrapped the neck of each bottle and then braided the strings together to form a rope.

Both of these ideas are quick and inexpensive, and they can be done with most vintage medicine bottles, test tubes, or vials. If you want to emulate the project, here are some bottles below:

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I have a bunch of old assorted bottles lying around.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...