Sunday, March 24, 2013

My collections: Micro mosaic jewelry




I recently started collecting micro mosaic jewelry. If you don't know what micro mosaic is, it is a special type of mosaic that originated in Italy that uses tiny pieces of glass to create artwork on a miniature scale. It was extremely common for European travelers to pick up micro mosaic jewelry from the 1800s through mid 1900s. Most micro mosaic jewelry pieces depict flowers, so I thought this would be a good spring post. I acquired my first piece, the Victorian era necklace above, at a Goodwill store about 9 months ago. I added the earrings and the brooch (refashioned into a ring) just two weeks ago. I might add more as time goes on because I have a growing appreciation of their beauty. If you want a micro mosaic piece of your own, check out these gorgeous pieces below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...