Sunday, April 14, 2013

Black and White / Yin and Yang


I unintentionally have a collection of antique Chinese embroidered robes. I found the black robe about a year ago and even posted about it HERE on the blog. I hadn't listed it in the store because it really needed more research. In the year since I have found out that it's about the 1920s era and the embroidery, called goldwork embroidery, is actual silver threads couched on the surface of the silk.  I honestly didn't think I'd come across another until last week, when I found the white one at an estate sale. The Yin to the Yang of the black one, this one is white silk with gold thread embroidery and dates to the same era. Sisters in black and white. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...