Sunday, April 21, 2013

Project: Bohemian lining in an vintage coat


I just finished this project that I'm extremely excited to share with everyone. I added a lining to an vintage coat! The inspiration for this project came from an Ebay listing, HERE, that caught my eye a few weeks ago. It was a 1940s era wool Eisenhower jacket. The original owner had been stationed in Peking and had a dragon embroidered silk lining added to the coat later. It was very cool, as you can see below. I had a jacket nearly identical to the one in the listing, sans nifty lining, and thought it would be a neat idea to add a lining to it. My lining was inspired by a photo on Pinterest of antique textiles patch worked together. The end result is pretty awesome! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...