Saturday, May 25, 2013

A few new vintage additions

I thought I would share a few of the vintage items that have made their way into my closet/collection in the past two months. I'm actually kind of embarrassed. I went nearly 9 months without adding anything and then in April and May and seemed to keep all sorts of things. Okay, only like 6 items, but when space is at a minimum, as it is in my closet, it seems embarrassing to keep anything. Anyway, here are the best shown below!

Top Left: 1930s soutache trimmed blouse; Right: 1970s tribal painted leather bag
Bottom Left: 1960s handmade leopard swimsuit; 1970s afghani peasant dress

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff, all of it. Where would one find a 1930's blouse like that one??? Do you find your pre 50's things at second shops or online? I love that blouse and that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 30's blouse was handmade and therefore is probably one of a kind. You'd be surprised just where you can find really old stuff. I have a variety of sources that include flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, thrift stores and only rarely online. If i do buy vintage online, it's usually something very special or that I want really bad because pricing is rightfully much higher.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...