Monday, May 20, 2013

Back stories


I absolutely love when I get a back story to go along with a vintage garment. Unfortunately for me it's rare. Unless something is found at an estate sale run by a family member or at a garage sale where I get to meet the original owner (which has happened to me several times!), I don't get one. Some of my finds are just so spectacular that I would love to know at least a little of what they encountered in the past. I found the 1970s Victorian styled cotton gauze tent dress above at a garage sale and I spoke with the original owner. She reminisced about wearing it in the early 70s, running around San Fransisco in her hippie days. Very cool and because of the story it earned a place in my wardrobe. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. A very cool find! I'm obsessed with high collars right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...