Saturday, May 11, 2013

The best of a bad situation


I came across this gorgeous 1920s citrusy floral silk flapper dress and decided to try the sole dry cleaner in my town to have it cleaned. Oh, that was a mistake! I have never taken anything to them before and now I probably never will again. The dress went in completely wearable, with only one or two pinholes and came out shredded from the waist below, shoulder and side seams torn out and multiple large holes. Okay, I'm not a negative person. I swear the whole point of this post wasn't to complain but to emphasize how rewarding it is to look at the positive side of things. Anyway, I decided to make the best of a bad situation. With a lot of creative restyling and salvaging what was left, I ended up with the blouse above. Gorgeous, huh? Now I have a blouse perfect for summer. Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...