Friday, May 24, 2013

Vintage find of the week: A 1920s dress and Great Gatsby fashion

I'm very pleased to say that I finally saw "The Great Gatsby." I know critics are extremely disappointed with it, but I wasn't. I loved it and the fantastically over the top and lavish sets and costumes. I really hope that it starts a trend and that I start to see more 1920s influence in modern fashion. A girl can hope, right?

In the meantime, there's this fabulous 1920s over dress that I found this week. It's almost avant garde. It has only one sleeve and one open side with a rhinestone sash. The hand embroidery is incredible, too. I think that it would fit in very well in the movie "The Great Gatsby." So, I'll get it listed in the store very soon. If you adored 1920s fashion and want to recreate a Great Gatsby look for yourself, I also have more 1920s clothing in the store HERE. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...