Monday, June 10, 2013

A Eastern European folk vest


I have always admired the intricate embroidery on Eastern European folk vests. So much so that I've wanted to add one to my collection one day. Amazingly, this week I found one at the local Goodwill. Honestly, it's one of those things that I never thought I would find out here, in the middle of the desert. So, it was a very pleasant surprise. The one I found, below, is all black with black beading and hand embroidery.



So, not as colorful as they usually are, but still gorgeous none the less. If you would like to see or purchase some brightly colored ones, the Etsy shop Pretty in Prague has a very good selection. My favorites from their store are below:

Top: 1 / 2
Bottom: 1 / 2

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! Thanks so much for featuring my folk vests here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You have such gorgeous items in your shop!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...