Monday, July 15, 2013

Life lately...

Top: Estate sale finds. Bottom: Dying fabric.

Left: A day's harvest from the garden. Right: I made a patchwork tote bag out of recycled tooled leather belts and leather scraps.

Top: I actually create out patterns for all of my tooled leather pieces, as opposed to just drawing on the leather. Bottom: My favorite part of tooling, when the 2 dimensional starts becoming 3 dimensional.

A few vintage clothing details. Left: A 1970s Asian embroidered blouse. Right: A 1950s lacy camisole.

Top: What I wore while hopping between estate sales in 110+ degree heat, an Edwardian era night gown, hemmed up to be a blouse. I wore a camisole underneath, of course. Bottom: A peek inside one of the bags of treasures that I brought home that day.

Top: Silk scarves. Bottom: An antique Japanese paper parasol both purchased at the same estate sale.

Left: A 1920s blouse drying on the clothes line after a soaking. Right: A sewing project, gets a fitting on the mannequin.

Top: Making ristras from my pepper harvest. Bottom: The detail on a 1940s era tooled leather wallet.

5 comments:

  1. It seems you live a beautiful life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Edwardian Era top you wore!!!! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like it, then you should definitely check out tomorrow's post. It's chock full of gorgeous Edwardian cottons!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...