Monday, August 26, 2013

A 1930s paisley jacket

I feel like celebrating. This week I finished cleaning and repairing all of the garments from the first round of the theater costume buy out. I've been locked up in my house and saw nothing but clothing for weeks, until my head began to swim. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Truthfully, I was still like a kid in a candy shop as I pulled items from bags that I had forgotten about. After all was cleaned, I did decide to keep one, just one item for myself. It's a 1930s paisley rayon jacket. It has such a wonderful cut with a lower fishtail hem in the back and dramatic leg o mutton sleeves. It even has metal thread embroidery, called goldwork couching, all over on top of the paisley print. It was nice to treat myself to it after all of the work. There will be some really nice things heading to the store soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...