Tuesday, January 28, 2014

40s years of Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dresses

Do you remember what first got you interested in vintage clothing? You know, the moment that you realized that it's so much more than the funny polyester leisure suits that you see in thrift stores? I remember what it was for me. I was not at all into wearing vintage. I was casually browsing Ebay in the 1990s and saw an gorgeously printed, flatteringly cut wrap dress. It was a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress. Of course, I didn't know any about Diane Von Furstenberg at the time (an lost the auction), but it sparked a change in my thinking about vintage clothing and started the obsession that eventually lead to my vintage collecting and the online store I have today. Anyway, as it turns out Diane Von Furstenberg's iconic wrap dress turns 40 this year! There is an anniversary exhibit currently running at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in honor of the iconic designer and her dresses. The photos below are from the blog Tales of Endearment, which covered the exhibit opening. Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...