Sunday, March 2, 2014

Project: A clever moth hole solution

Even though I have gotten better at avoided damaged items while thrifting, I still do accidentally bring one home. Usually I don't notice the garment is damaged until after it's home, in better light. That is what happened with this 1950s wool cable knit cardigan. I didn't notice until I got home that the back shoulders were covered with scattered moth holes. Instead of tossing it, I came up with a clever solution and decided to keep it. I closed as many moth holes as possible and then covered all damaged areas with wool felt appliques and hand embroidery. I used a 17th century Turkish kaftan that I had found on Pinterest, HERE as the inspiration for the moon and star motif. I was able to cover all moth holes and now I have an awesome sweater! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...