Saturday, April 5, 2014

Three inspiring vintage women

I've run across a few old photos of women that I find particularly inspiring lately and thought I would share. All three women are unique and I hope that you enjoy them, too!

This is a photo of a young woman in Taos, NM from 1931. I love her simple and timeless tomboy style. When I look at this I really want to emulate that look and hopefully achieve some of the effortlessly cool attitude that she has. This photo was found on Pinterest.

 This is a photo of a woman looking at the end results from her victory garden. I find this particularly inspiring because the past month I've been spending a lot of time in my garden tilling, composting, planning vegetable beds, building trellises, pruning fruit trees and vines, and planting for this year's crop. I hope that in the fall I will have just as much to show for all of my hard work. This photo was found in the Life Archives.


This photo, from Pinterest, probably taken in the 1970s shows a really awesome old lady, with her homestead and chickens in the background and an enormous crazy quilt in the foreground. I think it would be pretty cool to grow old like that, but of course while wearing fabulous vintage! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...