Sunday, August 17, 2014

1950s Circus Gown and Carmen Miranda



Every once and a while I come across something that has such an amazing back story that it's impossible not to share. I recently acquired this 1950s era gown like blouse and skirt set. The woman I purchased it from said that it was an old circus costume. She was a retired vintage clothing seller and she had once had the opportunity to go through a warehouse with a literal mountain of clothes that she was told were all circus costumes. She even showed me pictures of her climbing the clothing mountain! Anyway, this costume was one of the many the items that she pulled out of that circus costume mountain. Wow! Anyway, it's now been listed in the shop HERE! If you ask me, it really reminds me of something that Carmen Miranda would wear. If you are unfamiliar with who she is, you can read more about her HERE. I've also included some pictures of her below. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...