Monday, May 11, 2015

A Round Up of Spring Projects


I know that I normally give the projects that I do their own individual blog post, but this spring has been particularly hectic. There has been a lot of road trips and I just haven't found the time to write up everything until now. So, here's a summary of some of the clothing related projects that I have completed this spring.

Project 1: This gingham shirt was a damaged 1950s day dress. It had holes in the skirt and the shoulders were covered in rust stains from decades of sitting on a wire hanger. I decided to shorten it and make a blouse, removing the holes, and then added a simple diamond embroidered design to cover as many of the stains as possible.

Project 2: I recycled damaged table linens into a summer peasant blouse. Seems like deja vu, doesn't it? If you've been reading long enough then you'll remember THIS and THIS post and know that upcycling tablecloths is just something that I do.

Project 3: I now personalize leather jackets. I decided to hop on the fringe jacket trend and picked up this black one at a thrift store. And then I decided it needed something more, so I tooled a leather patch and sewed it on to the back of the jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...