Monday, January 18, 2016

My First New Tooled Leather Bag of 2016!

I just finished my first new tooled leather bag of 2016! It's a medium sized tote styled purse with a tooled bird in flight on the front and cutouts exposing the lining textile underneath. I came up with this design specifically to make use of the neat but, unfortunately tattered, old southwestern textiles that I frequently run into on my vintage searches. Think southwestern rugs and wool camp blankets that have too many moth holes to be used, but portions can still be upcycled. The bag currently in the shop is only two of a kind and was made using the remnants of a 1930s era Mexican wool poncho. If the striped wool is not to your liking, I do have other textiles waiting to be used. You can view the new bag HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...