Monday, February 22, 2016

1950s Tooled Leather Bag Restoration

If you've read my blog for long, you know I'm a sucker for a beat up piece of vintage and I'll bring it home and spend however many hours restoring it. My most recent restoration project was a 1940s/50s era tooled leather purse. The handles were broken and the whip stitching had fallen apart, but look at those peacocks! So cool! My goal for this bag was not a major change, but to replace and repair and match the original style as close as possible.

This required carefully cutting out the leather lining, removing the broken handles and picking out the broken whip stitching. I next replaced the bag, cut leather strips for new handles and riveted them on and then sewed the lining back in. Now the bag is ready to be used again! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...