Friday, April 22, 2016

A 1970s bag gets a tribal makeover

I unintentionally brought home another too-damaged-to-sell item, a 1970s purse. Instead of getting rid of it, I decided to make the best of a bad situation and use it myself. It unfortunately has holes in all corners of the leather and even though the worst isn't shown, many pen harks and oily stains. As a solution, I decided to tribal paint the heck out if it to cover all of the stains and pen marks and hopefully detract from the holes.

Instead of completing this in an afternoon, like most of my projects, I worked only 20 minutes here or there over the course of two weeks. I covered every inch in tribal pen drawn designs, placed specifically to cover stains. I then painted the drawn designs with black leather dye and gave it a clear top coat to finish it off.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...